A Protestant appealing to Christ’s Righteous Law for the justice due to the murderers of unborn children.
Christ is the resurrected King of the Nations. He is Lord of lords and King of kings.
Christ fulfilled and upholds the law. Not one jot or tittle will pass away.
Classical Distinctions in Biblical presentations of law: National, ceremonial, moral. The moral elements in all these categories remain; ceremonial and national laws pertaining to Israel are not binding per New Testament Revelation. The moral truths revealed to man in those categories remain binding as they reveal the character of God.
What biblical law remains authoritative and binding is Christ’s law. Old & New Testament binding law = the Law of Christ.
How the regenerate operates in relation to an unbelieving ruling authority who is breaking the Righteous Law of Christ:
- Christians are not obligated to obey unrighteous law.
- Christians must acknowledge the binding law of Christ that is being rejected by man and repent of individual sin. Abortion is Murder and we are not guiltless for allowing it to continue uncontested. Repent, turn from sin and sin no more.
- Call the state/nation to repent of its sin. Abortion is Murder. Repent, turn from this sin and allow it no more in the land. The State’s duty is to protect and serve and punish all who would practice or promote murder. As a resident of New York State I am deeply disgusted at the rate this gross practice continues to thrive. NYS must immediately cease and desist from expanding, legalizing, or protecting abortion activities and instead criminalize it for what it is, premeditated Murder from the moment of conception.
- Operate in grace toward all who have sinned against the Lord, extending to them the saving power of the gospel of Christ: He is the Mediator slain for repentant sinners and is raised for their justification.
- Understand the authority of the Lord to exact justice upon murderers through a righteous lesser magistrate, even despite their repentance. All sin has consequence, but praise God that for even murderers who repent, there is a crown of eternal life whose faith and trust is in Christ!
- Visit the prisons and preach the cross of Christ to convicted murderers.
My hope is the Lord will cause His people to repent and go to our local magistrates and plead the cause of the unborn being murdered in our land. Lord, have mercy upon us!
“For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. ” Rom 14.9;esv
“Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.” Rev 1.17-18;esv
“We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” Rom 6.9;esv
Do you consider yourself greatfully dead? Dead or alive, born again or dead in sin, you have a Lord. Willing to accept that truth or not doesn’t change the reality. Death has a conqueror to whom it has given over authority and all who are going to the grave will answer to Him who holds the keys. Think not that your Lord is some dark lord. Granted, your father may indeed be Satan, but he is God’s Satan and there is no escaping the righteous judgment of Christ the Lord of lords and King of kings to whom all must give an account.
The love of the Lord should not be overlooked, it is His blood that screams to our sinful souls. It is on our account He went to the cross. May we truly find in His grace the gift of sorrow for our sins and in that sorrow, new birth. We all start out dead in our sins but by God’s grace we don’t all die dead. To die well is to die as one who has been made alive in Christ.
Jesus calls out even now to those dead in their sin, turn from them, believe upon Him and know life eternal. You must be born again. In Him is fullness of Joy and freedom. He is a good and faithful Lord.
You may have heard someone say, “God helps those who help themselves,” and then thought to yourself how many times you’ve been a helpless failure. Is there any hope for those of us who seem to have a persistent proneness to failure and of weakness?
Good news, God saves the helpless, the lost, the rebel, the sinner to the uttermost! Christ came to save sinners not the self righteous. Jesus hung out with sinners teaching them His ways while rebuking and condemning the self-righteous Pharisees.
Beware of the form of legalistic teaching that clothes itself in light while telling you that you must help yourself before God will help you. Who can truly do this who is not blindly self righteous? Only God is truly good and not a single man to ever walk this earth other than Christ is without a sin deserving of death (this is why we all are headed to our graves by the way…”the wages of sin is death.”)
No, it starts with an honest confession of sin and a request for mercy; this is God in His grace lifting the sinner’s soul to see the cross and what the only Son of the Father accomplished at it: complete salvation for all who believe. He came to heal the sick, not the healthy.
Recognizing ones own sickness is to truly see ones own sin for what it is: cosmic treason against ones own Maker. Yet He is kind to sinners leading them to humble repentance. He grants them new hearts, hearts that actually long for Him and desire to please Him. He faithfully teaches them His ways. He promises them He will never leave or forsake them and that He will finish the work He began in them. He promises resurrection of the body in a world to come that is without sin! Oh the peace in Christ; in Him alone there is rest for the weary and a living hope for all eternity.
What was God’s intention in giving the law? What is Christ’s intention in calling all to repentance? Both are intended to display the Godhead’s eternal characteristics and qualities in nature. We ought to see primarily God’s holiness displayed in these two realities, given by God’s graciousness to all creation.
The problem with us sinners is that in our fallen condition we are offended by these displays. Until our hearts are changed, we cannot please God, nor would we truly want to because by nature we hate him…hence our sending Him to the cross. To those who hate their sin, there is One who is able to save, who is worthy to take your place for your cosmic treason, and has done so already at the cross! Jesus Christ alone is able to save sinners, He is risen for our justification. Repent and believe in Him and your salvation will be secure!